cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmiLee
Level 6

Creating VD on Server 2008 in subfolder . . .

When installing on Server 2008, I need to put a Virtual Directory in a subfolder in a website. I can make this work when installing on Server 2000 and Server 2003, but when I try on Server 2008, the folder is ignored and the VD put in the root.

I need to put my VD like this \ISV\MyVD and in Server2000/2003 I do this by putting the name like this: ISV/MyVD . . .
However, as mentioned before, it doesn't work on Server 2008 . . .
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This could be due to differences in how the InstallShield IIS support handles virtual directories on IIS 7. Based on the issue description, however, I'm not sure if this is the reason you are seeing this behavior.

You could try using the legacy (IIS 6) support by setting a property named ISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS in your project with a value of 1. Then rebuild and test on a Windows 2008 machine that has IIS 6 metabase compatibility installed to see if this makes any difference.
0 Kudos
JimmiLee
Level 6

joshstechnij wrote:
This could be due to differences in how the InstallShield IIS support handles virtual directories on IIS 7. Based on the issue description, however, I'm not sure if this is the reason you are seeing this behavior.

You could try using the legacy (IIS 6) support by setting a property named ISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS in your project with a value of 1. Then rebuild and test on a Windows 2008 machine that has IIS 6 metabase compatibility installed to see if this makes any difference.

I can't seem to find this property! I did a search in help as well and didn't get any result (searched for ISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS).
If the InstallShield IIS support handles VDs differently on IIS7, does anyone know how to install to IIS7?
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

I typo'ed the property name in my previous post. The property name is IISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS. This property is not in any project by default, you need to add it in the Property Manager and set its value to 1. The property is documented in the following KB article:
Q113487: HOWTO: Using Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6 and Earlier Runtime
0 Kudos
JimmiLee
Level 6

You the man 🙂

I created a global by the name ISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS and set it to 1 and now it installs like it should 🙂
Of course it'd be interesting to know how to install it without using the IIS6 compatability, but as the application, which uses out application requires IIS6 compatability, it's not an issue for me - if it works, it works 🙂
0 Kudos