cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dashelman
Level 3

CreateFolder Table madness

Hello,
Can the CreateFolder table functionality be improved?

When I am editing my CreateFolder table I am creating new components and new directories. Both the components and folders are without definition, orphans. :confused:

If, I click long enough, and copy an existing row, and then modify the directory column or component column, success can found. :cool:

However, the CreateFolder table usually creates orphans and/or phantoms. Sometimes the rows are visible, sometimes not??

Flexera can remedy this, I know??? Yes???

🙂 David W Ashelman
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

if you are talking about editing the CreateFolder table in the direct editor, then you are working with the actual MSI tables and need to make sure every single entry conforms to the requirements set forth by Microsoft for the MSI database.

The direct editor is there to expose the tables, but should be used very sparingly and only when absolutely necessary.
0 Kudos
dashelman
Level 3

Ok. maybe the behavior was caused by the fact that this is an MST, or Transform file. I have attached a screen shot of those phantom folders and components I promised. ENJOY!

David W Ashelman
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

From that screenshot it does not appear you are using IS2010. It may be worth seeing if IS2010 handles this better, as we did fix some bugs in the direct editor for direct transform mode. But I wholeheartedly agree with Lurean's point that the direct editor is generally the last choice. If you want to create a folder, you can create it in the Files and Folders view, for example, unless you need some very specific configuration of the CreateFolder entry.
0 Kudos