cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vasanthakumarmk
Level 5

Create database for use other windows login Credentials.

Hello All,

I need a help of my below question. I am searching for long days, but since I have not solution received.

I am using InstallShield 2018

In my project on the time of installing installer it will creating database using  InstallShield SQL Script file as below 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CreateSQLDatabase.sql:-
USE master
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT name FROM master.dbo.sysdatabases WHERE ('[' + name + ']' = 'CUSTOMERDATABASE' OR name = 'CUSTOMERDATABASE'))
CREATE DATABASE CUSTOMERDATABASE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is working fine and successfully can able to create database.

But my customer requested additional one more additional feature on this InstallShield:- 
1. For few customers currently installer running windows user does not have permission to create database. (restrict by them organization) 
2. Need to provide new field 'Username' & 'Password' text boxes in Install Shield dialog.
3. Customer can enter the other window login and password. This other user can have permission to create database. 
(Note: Common one windows login & password provided to that few customers)
4. Need to create database under for that other user and DBO rights should that other user name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below explained the real time scenario :-

Scenario explanation below:-
Step1:
Customer login system using them own user name and password (Ex:User Name: System\User1).
Step2:
Running InstallShield dialog should have 'UserName' & 'Password'
Step3:
Enter Database user name Ex: System\DBAdmin
Enter Database password Ex: **********
Note: System\DBAdmin already added localhost SQL Login (Security -> Login) with Sysadmin permission.
Step4:
Then successfully it should to create database for the login (System\DBAdmin)

Below should be expected after created database:-
1. Go to the SQL Sever Management Studio
2. Connect (local)\SQLExpress & Windows Authentication
3. Expand Databases -> CUSTOMERDATABASE should be created
4. Click CUSTOMERDATABASE and check below things:-
CUSTOMERDATABASE -> Security -> Users -> dbo -> General -> User type -> Windows User
CUSTOMERDATABASE -> Security -> Users -> dbo -> General -> Login name -> System\DBAdmin

Note: By default Database server name would be (local)\SQLExpress and Database name would be CUSTOMERDATABASE 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @vasanthakumarmk ,

• You can create custom dialog with UserName,Password text fields 
  • Associate those fields with properties
  • Retrieve those properties and use it to create database with windows credentials.
  • You will be able to get sample sql scripts on how to create database having username & password

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos