cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidt543
Level 3

Create a SingleImage solution in VS2008

I am trying to create a single image solution to install a windows service created in VS2008.

I have tried setting the installation project up three times, but each time it defaults to creating a DVD-9 project - with seperate cab files.

The help solution says to:
In the Builds explorer, right-click SingleImage and then click Build.

I do not get a right-click menu when I right-click the single image node.
If I use the standard 'build' button after right clicking it stillcreates only a DVD-9 project.

Any ideas anyone?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Chip_Keen
Level 4

Maybe you're in the Project Assistant tab instead of the Installation Designer tab.

In the Designer Tab, #6 (Releases), view, you'll see a nested tree structure beneath Builds.

DVD-9 is one of the nesting levels, SingleImage is another. Right-click on SingleImage, then select Build. It should work for you.
0 Kudos
Davidt543
Level 3

Hi Chip,

I created a project in the Main InstallShield program, and the right click the single image icon, it works fine. So I Iam fairly sure I am looking in the right place.

When I try to do the same thing in a VS2008 project (ie I am actually in the Visual Studio Designer ) then the right click menu does not appear.

I think it must be a BUG.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

When you build from within Visual Studio, the release that is the active release is built. To change to a different release type such as SingleImage, I think you'd need to select it in the Configuration Manager (Build menu > Configuration Manager).

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Davidt543
Level 3

Hi Debbie,

thanks for posting.

Are you saying that is the way it should work - or that you have tested InstallShield 2010 Express in a Visual Studio 2008 Project, and managed to create a single image setup project in that scenario? I've tried every which way to get mine to work and I've gone back to using the Visual Studio installer.

David
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

I tested it with InstallShield 2010 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2008. My sample InstallShield project was built from within Visual Studio. When I built my solution, I ended up with a single Setup.exe file. Following is a screen shot that shows how I have the Configuration Manager set up.
0 Kudos