cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RakeshXP
Level 5

Create Patch between 2 exe at command line

Can we create a Patch build between 2 exe at command line using installshield 2010.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If you set up the patch configuration in InstallShield, the automation interface supports a BuildPatchConfiguration method...
0 Kudos
RakeshXP
Level 5

Can you please provide more detail on this?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

The idea is that you begin by designing a patch in your InstallShield project. The help topic Updating Applications > Upgrades Overview > Patching can help you get started.

Each patch you design has a configuration name, and you can build this patch configuration using the InstallShield automation interface, or the -patch_config switch to the command line build tool ISCmdBld.
0 Kudos
RakeshXP
Level 5

I understand that this can be done something similar to
ISCmdBld.exe –p "C:\InstallShield 2009 Projects\MyProject1\MyProject1.ism" -patch_config “Version 1.2”

But in Patch design section we need to specify the 2 msi files.
1 for the previous release and 1 for the latest release.

And i have exe files instead of msi files
So with ISCmdBld.exe how i can associate these exe files.
0 Kudos
RakeshXP
Level 5

I am trying to build a patch command line using the following:

ISCmdBld.exe –p "C:\InstallShield 2009 Projects\MyProject1\MyProject1.ism" -patch_config “Version 1.2”

and i am getting the following error:

-1114: The parameter '¹p' is not preceded by a switch.

anyone has any idea about this?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

It appears the "-p" you posted uses a special character (an en dash?) instead of a hyphen; this often happens if you copied the command from Microsoft Outlook or Word. Same applies to the curly quotation marks around "Version 1.2", which want to be straight quotation marks.

Perhaps type the command (instead of copying and pasting) and see what happens?
0 Kudos
RakeshXP
Level 5

Yes, It's working now after typing the command manually instead of copying and pasting from a document or webpage.
0 Kudos