cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhassan_bott
Level 2

Corrupted licence file

Hi, we have InstallShield 2018 R2 running on a Windows Server 2016 VM, and the VM hosting was recently moved to a different VM hosting provider. So now the VM has a different IP address, although it has the same FQDN. When I started up InstallShield for the first time after the move, an error popped up telling me that "The product license has been corrupted. You must repair the license before you can continue. Click yes to repair now". So I went through the process of going online to get an activation XML, which I then entered into the license repair wizard. It said that the next time I started it up, the product would be activated. However, when I did start it up, it displayed the same error "The product license has been corrupted" etc. as before, and when I click "Yes" to repair, the dialog disappears and nothing happens. What should I do ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @mhassan_bott ,

This error message usually comes whenever any hardware changes happened to your machine (processor, wireless card, network interface card).

For more info, refer the below KB article.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge/The-Product-License-Has-Been-Corrupted/ta-p/5965

In order to reactivate the license again on the same machine, it is required to release license from the existing machine and cleanup the corrupted license from the current machine. 

You have to contact the Flexera support to release the license from your existing machine:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/Support-Information/Support-Contacts/ta-p/94720

Or you can also contact via mail, support@flexerasoftware.com.

0 Kudos
Kassia
Level 2

Hello,

If you need to recover a corrupted license file, you can try some recovery tools, it's quick and safe. I have used the Bitwar Data Recovery to restore my corrupted files. But I am not sure whether it also meets your situation.

Hope you can solve your problem soon.

0 Kudos