cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kddonelson
Level 2

Converting an established application solution in VS from Wix to InstallShield (largely for the multilanguage feature)

Hello!  I'm relatively new to IS but I have had a pretty positive experience learning, maintaining, and adding a couple new features to one of our existing app IS installers.  I upgraded from 2017 Professional to 2019 Premier and added five additional languages.  Also, I was able to add some components that installed on condition of the ProductLanguage id.  Overall, I have enjoyed the challenges of installer development, but as I mentioned, I'm still learning something everyday.  I mention most of the above to give you an idea of my skill level.  

We have another application that we want to start globalizing which generally requires the installer to be able to match the language the application is displayed in.  The problem is that application is a fairly convoluted mixture of an MSI installer, Wix installer, Bootstrapper (VSTO) and we really want to convert all of that to IS or as much of it as is feasible.  

I'm going to attach an image of the VS solution so that the projects can give you an idea of the structure.  I'd really appreciate any insight into whether or not this is a wise undertaking or if we should just leave it in it's current state and add the languages to the installer with the Wix language file method. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  I'd love to answer any questions you may have about the above. 

Kevin 

-apologies for all the redactions on the image, trying to keep company happy.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(0) Replies