cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IlkkaV
Level 7

Conditions for actions in Suite / Advanced UI project?

Is it possible to apply conditions to actions in Suite / Advanced UI projects? I'd need to have a checkbox at the wizard page, have the checkbox set a property and then if the property has a certain value, have a DLL action triggered when the Next/Finish button is pressed on the wizard page. If I assign the action to the checkbox itself, the action is triggered immediately when checking the checkbox, which isn't quite how users expect checkboxes to work. I'm fairly sure this is possible, but I can't spot the right syntax.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
IlkkaV
Level 7

Is it really so that there's no support for conditions in {ActionDLLName::FunctionName} actions? Something like the {Install InstallationProgress,MyProperty==MyValue} in {Install Wizard_Page} actions or {Open {MyReadMeProperty},{MyProperty==MyValue}}
in {Open File_Or_URL} actions would be really useful also for {ActionDLLName::FunctionName} actions, but at least those syntaxes don't seem to work. Is there any way to achieve this functionality?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Unfortunately, not directly. Since in this case you're calling an extension, you could bake the condition into your extension code. But if this is a fairly generic bit of code that might get ugly fast. We've got some changes around the corner that will make things like putting conditions on actions more uniform (and should also address the {Mode ...} in the Visible condition thing you hit in your other thread).
0 Kudos
IlkkaV
Level 7

Thanks for the info MichaelU. I ended up implementing the condition in a DLL as it was more or less an isolated control. It's good to hear that improvements are coming soon. Is there any chance that e.g. features could be conditionally disabled from the custom setup menu without building extensive hardwirings using a DLL?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Are you asking for a way to put a condition on the Visible setting of a suite's feature? (The generic Condition setting on the feature already allows you to select or unselect it by default.)
0 Kudos
IlkkaV
Level 7

MichaelU wrote:
Are you asking for a way to put a condition on the Visible setting of a suite's feature? (The generic Condition setting on the feature already allows you to select or unselect it by default.)

Yes, or even better would be a way to disable features that are invalid for the given scenario. Pretty much similar to needs in this topic: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?203063-Suite-Project-Controlling-Feature-visibility
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

If I can add to the wish list...
In a Basic MSI project under Releases I can enter a Product Name so that I can have a separate name for each release.
I don't see that same capability in a Suite project. Sure would be nice to have that!

I guess we would need to be able to override the Suite Guid just as we can override the Product Code for Basic MSI projects.

While we are at it.... it might be nice to be able to set different colors for each Release for Header, Body, Footer, etc... but I can live w/o that

Thanks for listening.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Okay, I'll see when we can do something about making Visibility of a feature conditional rather than a flat yes/no. This is being tracked on IOA-000072821.

Ron, it looks like your request was already entered as IOA-000077862.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Michael,
Great! I will look forward to that.
Thanks
0 Kudos
IlkkaV
Level 7

Thanks Michael, sounds good!
0 Kudos