cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_E
Level 4

Components and Installation Types

Hi there. I recently posted this question in the Developer 8 forum which rarely gets any traffic these days. Hopefully though, someone here might have the answer....

To cut a long story short, I haven't used InstallShield for a long time and I'm trying to remember how to assign components to Installation types. For example, if I wanted a component to only install for the "Typical" install option but not for the "Minimal" install option, how do I achieve that?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

The following KB article has instructions on how to do that in a Basic MSI project.
Q103232

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
John_E
Level 4

Thanks Debbie. Sorry for the delay in replying. For some reason I couldn't see that page in Internet Explorer. I've needed to use Safari to see it... :confused:

One other thing I need to do is to set up an optional "file association" (i.e. when the user clicks files with a certain extension they'll launch my app). Is there a KB article which explains that?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

You didn't mention which browser you tried. If you're using something like a recent version of IE, you need to turn on compatibility view.

The file association info is documented in the help. Here's a screen shot that shows where the info is:
0 Kudos