cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
honolua
Level 7

Component Files Help

We have multiple machines and multiple staff that need to all work on the same projects from time to time. We're going to be storing our project files in SourceSafe in the future. This will allow us to share project files easily enough but we have one issue with doing this. Our machines are not all configured with the same disk partitioning scheme. As a result, we do not all share a common directory for included component files. For example, I house my EXEs, DLLs, etc. on drive C: while other staff use D:.

Is there a way to define an environment variable or IS setting that will allow me to tell IS to grab included files from C:\Directory on one machine but use D:\Directory on another machine?

We're not talking about IS script files and such. We are talking strictly about the files included in the components/features when we build our installer (files being prepared for deploy at client sites).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

Look at Path Variables. They can be Standard (edited by the developer in the project settings), or defined by either Environment variables or Registry values.
0 Kudos
honolua
Level 7

Bingo! Took me a little while to figure out what I was doing wrong with my Path Variable definition but I got it worked out. As I was reading through the documentation I kept seeing which is what I kept trying to use. I took the <> off in my "Defined Value" column and it finally started to work for me.
0 Kudos