cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lboutet
Level 2

Compatibility / upgrade my Installshield 2015 Limited Edition to a newer version ?

Hi,

I'm in charge of an Installshield project that was made with Installshield 2015 Limited Edition (Free).

I tried to use the key fetched 5 years ago (it worked until now) to activate my Installshield 2015 Limited Edition.

But it doesn't work anymore.

I tried online activation, even offline activation, without success.

So...I don't know what to do.

Is it possible to migrate my 2015 Installshield project ? => it's a *.sln project I can't open with the free trial version of Installshield 2022 (I wanted to try this version).

I'm very embarrassed... 😓

Do you have any idea please?

Thanks.

(4) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @lboutet 

Are you trying to open the isl file using visual studio with Installshield 2022?

Yes, its possible to upgrade *.isl project to latest installshield. 

Open Is2022 IDE (not in visual studio), and go to file --> Open and then select the isl file you want to upgrade, and click open

The project will be upgraded to latest installshield with name .ism (your existing .isl will be available in same location) 

0 Kudos
lboutet
Level 2

First of all, thanks for your answer 🙂

My 2015 Installshield project is just a *.sln project, not *.isl 😐

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

There will be an isl file, you need check inside your project folders. .sln is a visual studio project file, 

with respect to installshield project files you will see .proj file and .isl file.

Hi, I'm using installshield 2015 and now installed installshield 2022 and opened the isl file. Now i'm getting below msg after run msi file.

This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Please contact your vendor.
0 Kudos