cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naeddula
Level 3

Command line to compile Installshield project(isl)

I will be very thankful to you guys, if you can help me out in using the command line for compiling the installshield project file.

I am having Instalshield limited edition 2011.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Madusree
Level 7

Hi ,

Please let me know if your requirement is to use MSBuild.

If so kindly refer the InstallShield Limited Edition help document for the topic "Using MSBuild to Build a Release from the Command Line" and “Microsoft Build Engine (MSBuild)” where all the parameters related to MSbuild are listed.

Thanks,
Madusree
0 Kudos
naeddula
Level 3

Hi,

We are using team build to compile installshield setup project. This is compiling well if output path of Installshield project is poiting to c:\ drive (short path).But by default, it creates output at installshield project directory path.
Some where i read that there is no command line support to create installshield output path at customized location. Why i am asking this is, if i go with default path, i am seeing problem with limit in length of file paths during compilation of installshield project.

I will be very thankful if you can help or provide some workaround to proceed further.

Thanks
-Nagababu
0 Kudos
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Currently I am looking into this Issue.I should have further updates at the earliest.

Thanks,
Madusree
0 Kudos
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,
I understand you are encountering problem with limit in length of file paths during compilation of InstallShield project.

Kindly try the following steps 🙂 :

1) Check-out your ISPROJ project from TFS then close the solution
2) Open the .ISL in Notepad
3) Using the search to locate the table definition for ISPathVariable
4) Note that the column definition is defined by default as
ISPathVariable
Change the def value to a larger number such as "s64"
5) Re-open the solution in Visual Studio and open the "Direct Editor" view of your Installer project
6) Correct all of the project names in the following columns of the following tables (this is a one-time action after increasing the ISPathVariable column length):
Column ISPathVariable; Table ISPathVariable
Column ISBuildSourcePath; Table File
7) Save and check-in your project.

Thanks,
Madusree
0 Kudos