cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mictom
Level 2

Changing project default language

(IS 2014 Proffessional)

I have just completed working with project in my mother tongue (Polish), but now I need to create another project in English. How can I change that? Newly created projects always have Polish as default language and I cannot change that (or I do not know how). I know Proffessional version do not support multilingual projects, but I do not need multilingual project, just another project with another language. Could you help me?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

The Professional edition supports only one language that can be selected once during the installation of InstallShield and will then be used for all your setup projects. If you want to change the selected language, you need to uninstall your InstallShield Professional and then install with your desired language selection.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
mictom
Level 2

Well, that's lot of time wasted, when I need to skip from one language to another.

Is there a workaround by replacing some of its language-specific files? I like "codeable" solutions. Replacing files can be easily done by one batch file and is executing quickly.

Or, if it is essentially needed to reinstall InstallShield, do you know how to silent reinstall from command line (or where I can read about it)? Then it will be fast enough to be acceptable.
0 Kudos