cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiegoCP
Level 3

Change installer language during Wizard

Hello! I have a problem a need to be able to change the language in the welcome dialog. Not in language selection dialog. Unless we can customize that specific dialog.

Is there any chance to add a combo box with all the languages and be able to choose one in the welcome dialog (default language would be English).

Another option would be to after selection item in combo box save that Language to a variable or text or something. And force quit installer.

And when the user restarts the installer it default language would be the one selected previously.

I don't know if i explained very well. if you have any question please ask.

My company really likes install shield but this limitation poses a problem.

Thank You. Have a good Day. 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You didn't mention your project type, but it sounds like you could be using a Basic MSI project. This really isn't feasible there. If this is a really important requirement, you'll find it much easier to implement in the Suite/Advanced UI project type, where you can edit the InstallationLanguage page of the wizard.
0 Kudos
DiegoCP
Level 3

Yes it was basic msi build. Ill try with the Suite/Advanced UI project type.

Thank You.
0 Kudos
DiegoCP
Level 3

Helo! Suite/Advanced UI project type was exactly what i was looking for the matter of Language Selection.

But now i have a few more questions!

Where is the registry option, the file association option and when i add a new package cant i add a DLL file unless its zipped?

Thank You Again, have a good day.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The Suite/Advanced UI project is designed to install packages, not individual registry keys and files. You can use the Suite to provide a common, editable user interface on top of one or more Windows Installer, InstallScript, or even EXE packages. So instead of adding registry items to the Suite, add your existing .msi file. There's a lot more information in the help as well as the InstallTalk blog.
0 Kudos
DiegoCP
Level 3

Ok ill check it out! Thank you again. 🙂
0 Kudos