Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siga2000
Level 3

Change Window Title on Wizard Initialisation

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have an InstallScript project and I would like to change the default window title from "[ProductName] - InstallShield Wizard" to something else. I know I can use the IFX_SETUP_TITLE variable, but I don't know where to set it. I tried to set it in the OnBegin event handler, and the first initialisation step still has the default title (see image below). The title only changes after the initialisation step is completed. If OnBegin is supposed to be "the first redefinable event in a setup" I'm not sure what I'm trying to do is even possible by scripting.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

IS.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Not applicable

Hi @Siga2000 ,

Thanks for clarifying about Dialog window that is of Preparing setup,my assumption and from the snapshot i got that as Normal window.As well Installscript dialog table will have entries of dialogs those are added to the setup.In your case that won't help.

Since Preparing setup window comes from launcher itself that is of Installshield, it wouldn't be customizable. But you have an alternative for:

• Navigate to Releases->Release->Setup.exe tab->Set Small Initialization Dialog->Yes
  • You can customize strings and other messages on this dialog by modifying 0x0409.ini which you will be able to see in your Release Folder(On uncompressed version of Setup)

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Jenifer

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @Siga2000 ,

• Can you try editing dialog code that you want to change window text like this?

case DLG_INIT:
hwndDlg = CmdGetHwndDlg("<szDlg-Dialog name">);

SetWindowText(hwndDlg, "Title you want to give");

• It can be edited via dialog table's title entry as well(Not a suggestible way though)

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi @Jenifer ,

I don't know where to put the code you are suggesting, because I can't seem to execute anything before the initial preparation dialog is done. I also don't know what this dialog's name is. (I'm only using default dialogs.) 

I found the following : "[IFX_SETUP_TITLE] is automatically initialized to the value of the string entry TITLE_CAPTIONBAR, if that entry exists" (source). So I added a string entry for TITLE_CAPTIONBAR. Same result though; the title is only updated after the initial "preparation" step.

edit: I also found I can edit the window title in the resource files 0x0409.ini(EN) and 0x0c0c.ini(FR). This does change the window title for the preparation dialog, but I'm guessing it's not recommended and it also does not completely work. If whatever I write in the resource file doesn't contain the string "InstallShield", the words "InstallShield Wizard" are concatenated to my title...

0 Kudos

Hi,

• Easy way for you would be GoTo Direct Editor view which you would be able to see under ADDITIONAL TOOLS group
  • Search for Dialog table
  • You will be able to see Title Column there.
  • Try changing the value based on your requirement.It will work

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

My Dialog table is empty... 

From what I understand, only custom/edited dialogs create an entry in the table.

I would try to edit the problematic dialog, but it seems to be a special case; I can't find it in USER INTERFACE > Dialogs.

To be clear, I'm talking about the very first dialog screen, where it says something like "preparing setup" and there's a progress bar.

Thanks

0 Kudos
This layout style is most commonly used for wizards, tab implementations, etc. This class is intended to ... To change the active card of a container, call the setActiveItem method of its layout: Expand ... title: 'Example Wizard',. width: 300, ... A one-time initialization method called just before rendering. Ext.layout. 
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi @Siga2000 ,

Thanks for clarifying about Dialog window that is of Preparing setup,my assumption and from the snapshot i got that as Normal window.As well Installscript dialog table will have entries of dialogs those are added to the setup.In your case that won't help.

Since Preparing setup window comes from launcher itself that is of Installshield, it wouldn't be customizable. But you have an alternative for:

• Navigate to Releases->Release->Setup.exe tab->Set Small Initialization Dialog->Yes
  • You can customize strings and other messages on this dialog by modifying 0x0409.ini which you will be able to see in your Release Folder(On uncompressed version of Setup)

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Jenifer

You can alternatively do this : Set a Custom Property and assign the value to this property you want and set the [Custom Property] in the dialog title.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Vasudevpai
Level 2
if it is a InstallScript project, you need to get the Window Handle (hwndDlg) and write the code suggested in your dialog init function or anywhere in the flow that you think you need to change it.
0 Kudos