cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tglynx
Level 6

Cannot stream the file into the Binary table -1024

Hi,

i updated a Express Project multiple times from older Versions to ISX 2009.
Also we moved the source folders of our project to a different location. I updated the paths and filenames in the Install Shield Express2009 project accordingly.

Now when i try to build the setup i get the following error messages:

File \\server\share\oldlocation\IsDialogBanner.bmp not found. Cannot stream the file into Binary table

I updated all the Dialog Banner images to the NEW location already! I cannot find where the project looks for that old banner bitmap!

and:

File \\server\share\oldlocation\executable.exe not found. Cannot stream the file into the Binary table

This executable is used in a custom action and is also installed with the software in [INSTALLDIR]executable.exe ...
The Path in the Files view is correct and the custom action points to [INSTALLDIR]executable.exe

I have no idea where that file is referenced to the old location 😉

Please help 😉

Regards,
Michael
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Can you open your .ise project file in Orca, and see if you still have any entry referencing \\server\share\oldlocation?
0 Kudos
tglynx
Level 6

Hi,

i reviewed the Binary table in Orca and found 2 Files (NewBinary1 and NewBinary21) in the table which linked to the old Path. I deleted both entries in orca and saved the file.

I could successfully open the ise in ISX again and was able to build the setup 😄

Thanks!

Michael
0 Kudos
langdeng
Level 3

Hi, I have the similar problem, too. What is Orca? How do I get it? Thanks.
0 Kudos
tglynx
Level 6

Orca.exe is a database table editor for creating and editing Windows Installer packages and merge modules.

You will find the download link searching for 'microsoft orca' on google :cool:
0 Kudos