cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonBie
Level 3

Cannot open app package errror

Hi, 

We are using InstallShield 2020 R3 to build MSIX installer, when we run the installer, it pops up an error: Cannot open app package, in the reason box display: Error in parsing the app package.

Could you tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Jason

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi JasonBie,

Did you get any build error or building msix project? Please follow the steps mentioned in below video link, you will be able to create a MSIX package 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2jViWCtKFI,

If  you still face the same issue, please share your project ism file and msix package.

0 Kudos

I saw that video before, and I did the same step to create MSIX installer, there's no error when build project, when I click the xxx.msix to install it popup that error.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Try to install it in a other machine and see it works or not,

Make sure you have add a file and its and set it is a  key file , and create a shortcut for added exe and your msix package should be digitally signed

even after doing all this if your installer fails,  please share your project ism file and msix package.

0 Kudos

I tried install it on another computer, the same error. I checked all the files and path, there's no problem. There's no build error. 

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi,

I have attached a sample msix project, please first right click on msix package and select digital signature tab and install the certificate to local machine trusted root location, 

and then install the msix package and see this sample package is installing successfully or not.

0 Kudos

Thanks, your installer is working fine. The error occurs not for every project, only on my project copied from another computer, I set the same settings for every item I can set, but still get the error. I am trying to reproduce the error in a sample project, but failed.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi JasonBie,

You can try extracting the msix package, and then compare the appmanifest.xml file and see what difference you see and try to fix it,

For extracting first rename the .msix to zip and extract the package.

0 Kudos
deepakshrma23
Level 2

Really great working very well 

0 Kudos