cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarbaraSch
Level 3

Cannot install or download InstallShield 2020 R1

Jump to solution

I am using InstallShield 2019 R3 Express Edition with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017. When I open a solution in Visual Studio, a dialog pops up telling me that InstallShield 2020 R1 is now available (see attached screenshot).

However, the buttons "Install" or "Download Only" are not activated, wherever I click in the dialog.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Flex-Jeremy
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

Each major release of InstallShield is a sperate installer, unlike the minor releases which can be installed using that prompt. 
You will need to login to the Product and License Center to access the download and new activation code for InstallShield 2020. 

You can reach the Product and License Center from the Other Resources Dropdown in the upper right of the community. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
Flex-Jeremy
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

Each major release of InstallShield is a sperate installer, unlike the minor releases which can be installed using that prompt. 
You will need to login to the Product and License Center to access the download and new activation code for InstallShield 2020. 

You can reach the Product and License Center from the Other Resources Dropdown in the upper right of the community. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".