cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Godrules500
Level 4

Cannot find REINSTALLMODE

I am using Installshield LE with Visual Studios 2013 and cannot find how to set the REINSTALLMODE. Can someone please give me a step by step on how to set the REINSTALLMODE through visual studios?
0 Kudos
(13) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

You will need to pass the property in as a command line parameter during run time.
Unfortunately, LE does not have the functionality to pass in the property from the wrapper or edit properties before build like Professional edition or above.
0 Kudos
Godrules500
Level 4

Sad. So are you able to pass it in through the Command with LE, or are you saying that it isn't possible anymore to set the re-install mode?
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

You can still pass it in as a command line parameter when running the setup.
You just cannot include it in the wrapper and let it be passed in automatically.
0 Kudos
Godrules500
Level 4

Do you mind assisting me or pointing me to the right page as to how to add this to the command line of the setup file with Visual Studios?
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

It will be something like:
Setup.exe /v"REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vomus"
0 Kudos
Godrules500
Level 4

k thanks! When I get a chance, I will definitely be looking into this and get back to ya. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Godrules500
Level 4

I cannot find where inside of visual studios installshield to add the command line. Could you please give me some details as to how to find it? It isn't in the release --> setup.exe tab, and I cannot find out where else it would go.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

There is no command line field for the limited edition to pass the parameter from the setup.exe wrapper to the MSI in the limited edition.
You will need to pass in the parameter when you run the setup.exe through the command prompt or distribution programs.
0 Kudos
Godrules500
Level 4

Dang, that is very frustrating. So I am running the active x within an . Do you know if there is a way to add those parameters to the tag?

The reason I am needing to do this is, even though the file updates, it isn't replacing the dll's. No matter what I've done, it continues to keep the same dll's even though they are outdated.
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the active x portion.
Does the dll files get replaced if the upgrade is performed by running just the setup.exe? If not, are they versioned?
0 Kudos
Godrules500
Level 4

Hey kyi, no they do not. I just tried running the setup.exe and it updated, but it did not update the dll's sadly.

So you said that you do not deal with the tag for implementing the release of your setup.exe, so how is it you release yours? Asking because I might need a different way to release it.
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Try creating a verbose install log. It might help with locating the problem if the upgrade is not doing what it should.
0 Kudos
Godrules500
Level 4

So I think I discovered my problem. Ok so I have 3 projects. One is my application, 2) the code that the plugin will install 3) Flexera project.

Well, when I was updating the 2nd project, I was not changing the version. I think that was preventing it from updating. I haven't done major testing, but I changed it once and the dll's were updated. Later on when I get a chance, if I notice it isn't I'll respond back

In the mean time, thank you so much KYI for your help!
0 Kudos