cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdarie
Level 3

Cannot add an InstallProject *.ism to Visual Studio 2012 Premium Edition

I need to add several InstallScript projects *.ism done with Installshield 2015 Premier Edition
to a Visual Studio 2012 Premium solution.
When I browse for the file I am able to see the .ism extension, add an existing project but nothing happens.
The solution does not contain the ism project.
I tried even to add a new project LE but the error is : IsProjExpress.isl cannot be opened because its project type (.isl )is not supported by this version of the application.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Can you create a new InstallShield project within your Visual Studio 2012?
0 Kudos
mdarie
Level 3

No I cannot add any existent or new InstallProject to VS 2012.
I tried even to add an LE Project , but I had the same result.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

It sounds like that the InstallShield plug-in for Visual Studio integration is not installed properly. Please follow the steps below and see if the issue is resolved:

[LIST=1]
  • Close all instances of Visual Studio.
  • Open the Windows command line (cmd) as administrator.
  • Execute C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015\System\TSConfig /registervsip
  • 0 Kudos
    mdarie
    Level 3

Thank you for reply .

I tried what you told me . Then I opened the VS solution -> Add an existing project.
    Unfortunately the result is the same . Does not add the project .ism
    0 Kudos
    mdarie
    Level 3

Hi ,
    Any ideas please ?!!

This is the message I have when run when run Visual Studio in Safe Mode:

The project was never run in Visual Studio 10
    Even if I try to open it in VS 2010 , still does not open

Unsupported
    This version of Visual Studio does not have the following project types installed or does not support them. You can still open these projects in the version of Visual Studio in which they were originally created.
    - My Project Name-15, "C:\InstallShield 2015 Projects\My Project Name-15.ism"

No changes required
    These projects can be opened in this version of Visual Studio without changing them. They will continue to open in Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and in this version of Visual Studio.
    - My Project Name-15, "C:\InstallShield 2015 Projects\My Project Name-15.sln"
    0 Kudos
    hidenori
    Level 17

Try closing all instances of Visual Studio, and then uninstalling and reinstalling InstallShield 2015.
    0 Kudos