cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craig_beebe
Level 2

Can't open InstallShield project after installing Visual Studio 2017 update 15.3.2

Here's the message I get when I try to open a solution containing an InstallShield 2016 Express Setup project in Visual Studio 2017 update 15.3.2:

Unsupported
This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them.
For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
- Setup, "C:\Develop\DxImporter\DesktopWebUiV2\Setup\Setup.isproj"

Here are the details in the "Migration Report":

Setup\Setup.isproj: The application which this project type is based on was not found. Please try this link for further information: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=660528&projecttype=ACA99D24-2A4B-4C16-9E92-13D6ABC4AC35

That link only mentions InstallShield once:

This project can't be opened in Visual Studio 2013 because it doesn't support that project type. We recommend that you use InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio (ISLE), a free deployment solution that directly supports most Windows platforms and application runtimes. You can also use ISLE to import data and settings from Visual Studio Installer projects.

This doesn't apply since I'm running VS 2017. By the way, this was not an issue with my previous version of VS 2017 (15.0). Any help is greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
abacrotto
Level 2

Hello from Argentina. I am using Visual Studio 2017 v15.5.2 and suddenly everyone of my InstallShield Express projects became unusable.

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2017
Version 15.5.2
VisualStudio.15.Release/15.5.2+27130.2010
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.7.02556

The error I get when I try to load an InstallShield Project is:

Unsupported
This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them.
For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
- FacturacionAutomatica.Servicio.Setup, "D:\Sistemas\CaldenOil.Net\FacturacionAutomatica\SetupFA\FacturacionAutomatica.Servicio.Setup.isproj"

¿Do you expect to have an update for InstallShield Express Edition to address this problem?

I need to be able to build the projects as son as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Ariel.
0 Kudos