cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idxsys1
Level 2

Can't create setup project after upgrade to Windows 10, license key corrupt

After an upgrade to Windows 10 an error occured when opening an existing solution with a setup and deployment project.
I got an error that my license key was corrupt.

Then I tried to do an online re-activation as stated in the error message from Installshield.
It didn't help. I could not reactivate my InstallShield 2015 LE on my Visual Studio 2015 Professional.
After an email to Flexera they suggest the following steps:

Please try the following steps to repair your license.

1. If InstallShield or Visual Studio is open, please close them.
2. Delete any file(s) with MVSN in the filename at the following location (you will need to enable hidden files and folders):
On XP or older: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet
On Vista or newer: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet
3. Re-launch InstallShield and activate the software using your product serial number.

Regards,
Flexera Software

After these steps I got an empty solution when I try to create a setup and deployment solution.
Then I tried uninstalling InstallShield2015LimitedEdition and did a re-install.

Nothing changed. A new setup and deployment solution ends up with an empty solution.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
idxsys1
Level 2

After an uninstall, reboot and install a new version of InstallShield LE 2015 I get an error on project creation (Setup and Deployment)
The error is: Creating project 'Setup1'... project creation failed
0 Kudos
tgparmar75
Level 3

I too am getting the same issue. Haven't heard a solution yet.
0 Kudos
curtistechcon
Level 2

I am getting the same issue.
Will not create the project!
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

The license may be detecting the OS change as a different machine than what it was originally activated on, returning the license and then activating once again should resolve the issue.

1) Close Visual Studio
2) Open up a Command Prompt and change directories to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015LE\System
3) Type "TSconfig /return"

Once the license is returned successfully

4) Relaunch Visual Studio and InstallShield, it should activate/start without issue.
0 Kudos
gherard
Level 2

I tried everything listed, including clearing registry and re-installing--but no luck
0 Kudos
saroch
Level 2

it happens after installation version 2015le, 2013le worked fine
0 Kudos