cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shuttledude
Level 7

Can a Suite project have "visible and collapsed" sub-features?

I know we can make subfeatures invisible, but that makes them permanently invisible ... I'd like to know if I could construct a feature tree like other InstallShield projects, having just a few "top-level" features which could be expanded (by clicking +) to show sub-features ... all inside a view that scrolls to display all features and sub-features.

Any way to do this? Is it an upcoming change anytime soon (maybe with SP2?).

:confused: :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This is not possible today, but I've added it our list of capabilities to keep in mind. Thanks for the feedback!
0 Kudos
Shuttledude
Level 7

Big discovery !! I've been steadily adding features to my Suite project, and now that I have finally added so many that they cannot all display at the same time, scroll bars have magically appeared! I sort of suspected this would happen.

And not only that, I can now see top-level features only (collapsed) or top-level and subfeatures (expanded), and can select or de-select the subfeatures at will. This is exactly what I wanted!

What I think happend is this ... when the form view needed to be scrolled, the scrollbars were painted on the form, and I think that must have also enabled some other form properties as well, i.e., the ability to expand a node on the feature tree. Just guessing, but that's probably standard behavior for a Windows form when implementing in C#.

Anyway, it works now! 😄
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Make subfeatures like this:
1. Go to the 'Features' tab
2. Right click on the feature which you want to make a subfeature
3. Select 'Move Up' or 'Move Down' to get the to the position just below its parent feature
4. Select 'Move Right' to make the feature a subfeature
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm glad to hear you found what you were looking for! I think we're still missing the core case where we allow collapsing the parent features by default, so I'll keep it on the list.
0 Kudos
BobVilla
Level 6

Or how about making an option to create containers for the features, to organize features into groups. Example, a +/- option container for server or client features.
0 Kudos