cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nnjcsc
Level 6

Can InstallScript include .NET .20 redistributable?

Can InstallScript include .NET .20 redistributable? Or is that only for MSI projects?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

InstallScript uses the .NET object instead; the redistributable downloader is primarily (or perhaps even completely) for MSI based projects. If you haven't installed the .NET object yet, you should be able to find the object installers from Tools > Check for Updates.
0 Kudos
nnjcsc
Level 6

Well, I have clicked the check for updates several times and the update window never displays. Do you know if the updates can be forced some other way?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Under "Downloads" on the Acresso homepage, here's the IS2008 files and utilities: http://www.acresso.com/downloads/downloads_8721.htm
0 Kudos
TheTraveler
Level 8

You can use Merge Modules in an Install Shield script project. The way it does it is by spawining mini MSI installation that contain the merge modules and runs them during the copy phase of your installation.

This is how you do it.
1) Go to Application Data/Objects
2) Click and Drag the merge module you want to the feature you want

That's it... However, there are rules for this. One Merge module per feature. So what I do is create a feature that describes the merge module I'm installing and then drag and drop the merge module into that feature. Then I require the feature to the other features that use it. That way, only the merge modules that need to be installed are installed by the users input.

Hope this helps...
0 Kudos