cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seaktf
Level 4

Can I install InstallShield 2011 Premier in the same PC which already has IS2008?

Hello,

I have a production PC in which InstallShield 2008 Premier is already installed.

I want to install InstallShield 2011 Premier in the same PC (which implies that I don't want to uninstall IS 2008 because I have projects compiled with it). Could both of them coexist without problem like incompatibility or other things?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Roman1
Level 9

Hello,
what about this folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules

I do not know, if this would be overwritten?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

InstallShield 2011 can coexist on the same machine with other versions of InstallShield, such as InstallShield 2008.

Something to keep in mind if you open InstallShield projects from within Visual Studio: Visual Studio can be integrated with only one version of InstallShield at a time. The last version of InstallShield that is installed or repaired on a system is the one that is used for Visual Studio integration.
0 Kudos
seaktf
Level 4

Thanks to both of you.

I don't use "merge modules" (and have no idea what they are), so I think I don't have to worry about that 😛

I don't use Visual Studio to open IS projects, so "ooph", seemingly no problem either 🙂
0 Kudos