cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmoulton
Level 6

Can I get suite progress bar to disapear

In my suite install that I am creating, I install several prerequisities before installing my main install at the end. At the point that I launch my main install I would like to make the suite progress dialog disapear.

When I launch my main install, it looks like two different installs are running. Is there a way to make the suite progress dialog run silently at a given point in the suite install?

I am already using the /silent switch to make the entire process run silently when I want to run a silent install. However, in the case explained above I would just like to not display the suite progress dialog while the main install is running.

Thanks,

--Kim
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
kmoulton
Level 6

I would like to have the suite dialog go away when I launch the final install.

If I am unable to do that, is there a way to launch an application or another install from the finish dialog.

Thanks,

--Kim
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You might try an Action of {Open propertyname} on your Finish/Close button (where propertyname stores the path to the exe you want to launch).
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

Since the suite property would be based on a dynamic path that was obtained during the install. Is there a way to set a suite property during the install?

In this case, the install I want to launch happens to be one of the chainer packages. However, if implemented in this way, it would make sense to remove the package from the suite.

However, what I would really like to do is to be able to hide the chainer progress dialog when I get to the point of launching the final chainer piece (install) at the end.

Thanks,

--Kim
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

The visibility of a wizard page can be bound to a suite property.

Is it possible to change a Suite property when you are running one of the packages and thus make the InstallationProgress wizard page or any other wizard page invisible?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You can use a {SetProperty ...} action or a {Dll::function} action to change a property's value. I don't think you can do this during the middle of a package's installation, however.
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

I am using an Suite action command like the following to try and set a property from a wizard page:

{SetProperty MYEXE = "[SETUPEXEDIR]\Test Drive\TestDrive.exe"}

Is there a particular syntax I need to use to construct this?

Will something like the setting below work?

{SetProperty MYEXE = \"[SETUPEXEDIR]\Test Drive\TestDrive.exe\"}

I am trying to use the {Open MYEXE} action from the finish dialog (after the property was set) to try and launch the exe.

However, it doesn't appear to work. Is there a way to verify the contents of MYEXE property after I set it? Is this something that should work?

Thanks,

--Kim
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

In a quick test, it looks like the only thing you can't use is curly braces:
{SetProperty Test=This is a test}
will set the property Test to This is a test, such that it shows up on a label.

As far as verifying it goes, I would either set up a label, or use the /debuglog.
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

Thanks for your reply and for reminding me there is a /debuglog option.

The following works for me:

{SetProperty MYEXE=[SETUPEXEDIR]\\MyDir\\setup.exe}

I don't know if you can get this to work with a single backslash, but it does work with the double backslash.
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

Thanks Michael for your help.

Just in case someone is interested in tackling a similar problem, I will explain a little about what I did.

I defined MYEXE in the property manager to be Empty Property.

By setting something like the property below on an earlier wizard page:

{SetProperty MYEXE=[SETUPEXEDIR]\\MyDir\\setup.exe}

And attaching the following action to the Finish button on the Finish dialog:

{Open MYEXE}

I am able to launch the main install at the end of the bootstrapper.

In my case I wanted the main install to be pulled in as part of the bootstrapper. I wanted it to be run as part of the bootstrapper when run silently, but not part of the bootstrapper when launched with user interface. The main reason I wanted to do this was so I wouldn't have the appearance of two installs running, when I launched the main install with user interface.

As you might guess the bootstrapper will want to run the main install as part of the bootstrapper. In my case I passed in the /s switch and a couple of other custom switches on the command line to the non silent running of the main install. This allowed me to abort the main install quickly and somewhat quitely while it was being monitored by the bootstrapper. The main install can then be launched from the finish dialog as the bootstrapper goes away.
0 Kudos