cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JEichenberger
Level 4

Can I build a 64-bit InstallScript MSI Project on a Windows 7 PC and expect it to work correctly on Windows 10?

I am just now learning how special the %windir%\system32 folder is, not just on Windows 7 but even worse on Windows 10.

Currently the build process I am using to create install kits is running on build machines that are based on Windows 7.  Since Windows 10 functions differently, I am wondering if perhaps I will have almost insurmountable issues when that install kit is targeted for a different OS version, specifically Windows 10.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Varaprasad
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Yes, you can. The Template Summary property determines whether an .msi package is a 32-bit package or a 64-bit package, not operating system where currently installshield is running. You can refer below link for more details

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield25helplib/helplibrary/Targeting64Bit-MSI.htm

0 Kudos

OK.  I have the template summary set to "x64;1033". That's the way it has always been.  And yet it seems like uninstall doesn't just work correctly.  Install seems to work fine.

This is with InstallShield 2018, not R2, not 2019.  I don't know.  Maybe it is just a bug.  I certainly have found more than I would have expected of those.  Working around the bugs is getting to be quite annoying actually.

0 Kudos