cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donald_gardner
Level 3

COM+ Application Refresh

Hi there 🙂

I'm currently developing in Installshield 2011, and planning to upgrade to 2012 Spring.

One of the main complaints we have about IS2011 is the inability to automate the refresh of a COM+ application programatically. Unless I am missing something (which is entirely possible!), the only way to refresh COM+ is to open the IDE, navigate to the Component Services node, locate the COM+ Application in the tree view, and then right-click and select Refresh From System. Needless to say, this is severely limiting our ability to automate our installer build process.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this in 2012 Spring? Or, even better, in 2011? Failing that, it there any reason why this functionality is absent, or any intention to add it to future versions?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Donald.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Have you tried the "Refresh the COM+ settings from the client machine at build" option in the Installation tab? I think it is available in InstallShield 2011 as well.
0 Kudos
donald_gardner
Level 3

Thanks for the quick reply!

No, I hadn't seen that; I'm guessing it must have been added since the last time we tried to resolve this 🙂 Hopefully that will help us automate the process. We will do some testing, and I'll let you know how we get on.

Thanks again!

Cheers, Donald.
0 Kudos