cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InstallShield__
Level 3

Building file table ISDEV : error : 0:

Hi all,
I have a Basic MSI Project created with VisualStudio 2008 and integrated InstallShield 2009.
My Visual Studio solution contains several C# projects and an InstallShield Basic MSI Project. I've added to the InstallShield project the outputs of the C# projects and some external libraries (.dll files), using the "Files and Folders" view.

Recently, I had to remove one of the .dll files and add the output of the C# project which produces that output. The .dll removal works fine, but when I add the new project output, the InstallShield project fails to build:
------ Build started: Project: InstallShield.Setup, Configuration: Release ------
Created release folders
AdminExecuteSequence table successfully built
AdminUISequence table successfully built
AdvtExecuteSequence table successfully built
AdvtUISequence table successfully built
InstallExecuteSequence table successfully built
InstallUISequence table successfully built
Directory table successfully built
Feature table successfully built
FeatureComponents table successfully built
Component table successfully built
Loading File table
Building File table
ISDEV : error : 0:
Default\Release - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Log file has been created:... (here comes the log file path,
but the log file contains the same text that is output in Visual Studio,
which is the one above)

If I remove the new project output, the InstallShield project builds fine. I tried to add other C# projects outputs' (thinking that maybe that one is wrong), but I always get that error 0. It looks like InstallShield can't handle new project outputs: they must be all setup at the beginning and all project files should be added in one step.

Did anyone experienced this problem? Do you have any solutions?
Is there a way to create a more verbosely log from the build?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
InstallShield__
Level 3

joshstechnij wrote:
The next thing you may want to try to troubleshoot this issue would be try creating a new test project just to make sure that builds. If it does, try removing parts of your other project (such as files or project output references) until the error no longer occurs; this can at help to isolate the cause of the behavior.

I've already went through all this:

• When creating a new InstallShield project, everything goes fine until adding the first .NET project output. Then I get the same error 0 and a warning:
    ------ Build started: Project: Setup1, Configuration: Release ------
    Created release folders
    AdminExecuteSequence table successfully built
    AdminUISequence table successfully built
    AdvtExecuteSequence table successfully built
    AdvtUISequence table successfully built
    InstallExecuteSequence table successfully built
    InstallUISequence table successfully built
    Directory table successfully built
    Feature table successfully built
    FeatureComponents table successfully built
    Component table successfully built
    Loading File table
    Building File table
    ISDEV : warning : -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.
    ISDEV : error : 0:
    Default Configuration\Release - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
    Log file has been created:...

• The existing project builds successfully until adding a new project output. After that, it won't build unless removing the new project output.
    I tried removing all project outputs from the InstallShield project and then add them again (plus the new one), in one step (by using "Add project outputs" from "Project Assistant/Application files). That didn't work, either: the same error 0 at Building File Table.

Do you have any other ideas? Thanks!
0 Kudos