cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johannboehme
Level 3

Building a "Web-Installer"

Hi!
I am using Installshield 2012 Premier to build Setups for the company im working for. I am new to Installshield and decided to make an intelliscript driven installation.

In the Feature-Overview of Installshield 2012 Premier i discovered the Feature
"Installation Streaming" (http://www.flexerasoftware.com/products/installshield/features.htm).

With "Installation Streaming" it should be possible to deploy only a small setup.exe file, which loads the nessessary Ressources from the Network like the InstallShield Web-Installer does also.

In the Installshield Help i didnt find an entry point of that topic.
Where could i find Help about "outsourcing" my Installation Data?
What should i do?

(Sorry for my English ^^)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
johannboehme
Level 3

Nobody?
really?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

I'm not quite sure I understand the question, but I'll try to help.

The "Installation Streaming" feature refers to the new Suite project type. This project type lets you package multiple installation packages as a single installation. Suite projects include flexible options for specifying the run-time source location of each package in the Suite installation. When you define the packages that you are including in a Suite project, you can specify the location of each individual package. The available options are:

• On the Web, available for download by Setup.exe if needed
  • Embedded in Setup.exe and extracted to the target system if needed
  • Uncompressed and stored on the Suite source media

The base Setup.exe file that is used for Suite installations is much smaller than the base Setup.exe files that are used for Basic MSI, InstallScript MSI, and InstallScript installations. Thus, your end users can quickly download a small Suite Setup.exe file, and the Setup.exe file can download and launch one or more required packages as needed.

For more information, see the Suite documentation in the InstallShield Help Library. Here are links to a few help topics to get you started.
0 Kudos