cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spilot23
Level 2

Build package failed

Hello,

I'm trying to build a .msi but the build is always failing. Those are the errors I get :
ISDEV : error -7184: The Value column of the Registry table includes characters that are not available on code page 1252: "*???"
ISDEV : error -7184: The Value column of the Registry table includes characters that are not available on code page 1252: "*???"
ISDEV : error -7184: The Value column of the Registry table includes characters that are not available on code page 1252: "*?? ????"
ISDEV : error -7184: The Value column of the Registry table includes characters that are not available on code page 1252: "*?? ????"

Can someone help me please? I also attached the build log.

Thank you very much !
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Spilot23 wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to build a .msi but the build is always failing. Those are the errors I get :

Can someone help me please? I also attached the build log.

Thank you very much !

Hi,

Hope it is via repackager that you are facing the issue.It looks like language specific thing that you had selected and the machine you are running.

Similar thread depicting the issue: https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?226152-Build-Failed-while-converting-from-irp-to-ism

Could you provide more details about is it specific to InstallShield or Repackager?

If repackager specific,you can post it on Adminstudio forum

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
Spilot23
Level 2

Jenifer wrote:
Hi,

Hope it is via repackager that you are facing the issue.It looks like language specific thing that you had selected and the machine you are running.

Similar thread depicting the issue: https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?226152-Build-Failed-while-converting-from-irp-to-ism

Could you provide more details about is it specific to InstallShield or Repackager?

If repackager specific,you can post it on Adminstudio forum

Thanks,
Jenifer

Hi Jenifer,

Thanks for the answer, I am using Repackager and I did post that thread in the Adminstudio forum but no reply so far. I tried to find an answer on google but all I could find was something this :

To resolve this error, consider changing the data that is described in the error message so that it uses characters from the appropriate code page. For example, if the error message mentions the Shortcut table, consider changing the string in the Shortcuts view.

If you must use characters that are not available in the target language's code page, consider selecting Yes for the Build UTF-8 Database setting. Note, however, that this may result in user interface issues in some scenarios because the Windows Installer does not fully support UTF-8 databases. For more information, see the description of the Build UTF-8 Database setting.

However, I can't seem to find how or where to do what's explained here.

Thanks you
0 Kudos