cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Wurzi
Level 3

Build error when Building InstallShield LE (Link.exe needs mspdb100.dll and others)

Hi,
I use the Final VS2012 from MSDN + Windows 8.
When I build my project normaly then it compiles fine.
If I clean my project, and build the installshiled project, it tries to compile the included projects, but fails with mulltiple errors, like:
1.) link.exe: Programm cannot be startet because mspdb100.dll is missing.
2.) Also somtimes it searches for files from my projects subdirectories of 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012LE\systems' insted of my project directory, and failes to build because of this.
Here are some of these Errors:

3>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(2291,5): error MSB3554: Cannot write to the output file "B:\ITS.Xt.Dev\ITS.Dll\ITS.Controls\obj\x86\Debug\ITS.Controls8.iplTags.resources". Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012LE\System\obj\x86\Debug\ITS.Controls8.iplTags.resources'.
10>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.VisualBasic.targets(78,9): error MSB3041: Unable to create a manifest resource name for "Forms\frmEntgeltpostenSuche.resX". Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012LE\System\Forms\frmEntgeltpostenSuche.vb'.
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Could you check if the same issue persists with the latest version of InstallShield Limited Edition.

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=202622
0 Kudos
Alexander_Wurzi
Level 3

Hi Lewin,
According to the Software Manager, there are no Updates aviable.
So I do have the last Version installed, or is there a Versionsnumber I can check somewhere?
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

In ARP you may check for the version of InstallShield Limited Edition installed. Attached is the screenshot of the latest version.
0 Kudos
Alexander_Wurzi
Level 3

I have the Same Versionsnummber(19.00.0000), but it only says 'InstallShield 2012 Limited Edition' (without Spring) and installed it on 05.09.2012
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Please check your Private Message.
0 Kudos