cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkacos
Level 2

Build Warning 4354

I am receiving Warning 3 -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file C:\Users\mkacos.ITC\Source\Workspaces\Workspace\ITC DLL\ITCClass\bin\Debug\ITCClass.dll in component C__199FB86F13E94D9B8FCFF517C045DAEE. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail. ISEXP : warning : -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file C:\Users\mkacos.ITC\Source\Workspaces\Workspace\ITC DLL\ITCClass\bin\Debug\ITCClass.dll in component C__199FB86F13E94D9B8FCFF517C045DAEE. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail.

The page that displays when I click on the warning message says: "The 'IsCmdBld.exe' file is the utility used by InstallShield to perform builds. In certain cases, it's possible that the Windows Operating System will not grant 'IsCmdBld.exe' the access it needs to complete certain operations of the build process. " Which, based on what we have experienced so far makes sense.

The problem I am having is I cannot find the "IsCmdBld.EXE" file. I have found where it should be located (Installshield System Folder) but it is not there. I did a search of my hard drive and it is not to be found. Could this be my issue? I need help on this one.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

IsCmdBld.EXE is for command line builds. This functionality is not supported in LE.
I would check if the COM extraction outside of InstallShield. Also, check if the Data Execution Prevention is preventing RegSpyUI.exe from operating correctly.
0 Kudos
mkacos
Level 2

kyi wrote:
IsCmdBld.EXE is for command line builds. This functionality is not supported in LE.

OK, fair enough.

kyi wrote:
I would check if the COM extraction outside of InstallShield. Also, check if the Data Execution Prevention is preventing RegSpyUI.exe from operating correctly.

You just went over my head on this one. How can I check these two items?
0 Kudos