cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
croakesoftware
Level 3

Build Location path to long

Hello,

I'm trying to build a installer using ISLE 2012 with VS 2012. I'm getting an error that it can't copy a file to a destination that has an extremely long path, and to " Change the build location of the current release to a shorter path to resolve this issue." How do I do that?

Thanks
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jlynch11
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Go to prepare for Release->Releases and select your release. On the build tab, you can specify the build location in the release location setting.
0 Kudos
croakesoftware
Level 3

Hi, jlynch11,

Thanks for the reply. I did it, and still got an error. (see attached).

I made the Release Location c:\CrystalInstalls\Setup

Is it a problem with the Crystal Reports merge module?

Thanks,

CroakeSoftware
0 Kudos
jlynch11
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I see in your log file that the release location on the build machine for the merge module has a long path. It is being copied here at build time:

"C:\CrystalInstalls\Setup\Setup\Express\DVD-5\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet\GAC\en\CrystalDecisions.Web.Mobile.MobileViewerSys.resources.dll"

I suspect that the latter path may be too deep for the OS and that is causing the error. It may be an issue with the merge module if the above path is being determined by the merge module.

You'll notice that the Setup Directory occurs twice (C:\CrystalInstalls\Setup\Setup\Express....). Try making your Release location C:\CrystalInstalls (eliminate the setup folder which is already created.) I believe there is a windows limitation of 260 characters, and yours is 261, so eliminating the extra "Setup" should resolve the issue by getting under the the limit.
0 Kudos