cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RalfJaenike
Level 3

Bugreport: issuite-automation, Release.PostBuildEvent sets PreBuildEvent instead

because i don't have/want a maintenance plan i'm posting this issue here:

i'm using ISWiAutoSuite24.ISWiSuiteRelease automation object in vbs to build issuite on CI
trying to set the "PostBuildEvent"Property lead to the result that "PreBuildEvent" was set instead
(PreBuildEvent also sets PreBuildEvent)
i did not test it with ISWiAuto24.ISWiRelease object but it should be worth a look

ciao Ralf
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Ralf Jänike wrote:
because i don't have/want a maintenance plan i'm posting this issue here:

i'm using ISWiAutoSuite24.ISWiSuiteRelease automation object in vbs to build issuite on CI
trying to set the "PostBuildEvent"Property lead to the result that "PreBuildEvent" was set instead
(PreBuildEvent also sets PreBuildEvent)
i did not test it with ISWiAuto24.ISWiRelease object but it should be worth a look

ciao Ralf

Hi,

Since it is direct read-write property,expectation is to work.To get more insights can you please post the script here?

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
RalfJaenike
Level 3

Jenifer wrote:
Hi,

Since it is direct read-write property,expectation is to work.To get more insights can you please post the script here?

Thanks,
Jenifer

save this as .vbs file and run with csxript.exe(342bit)

Set oISM = WScript.CreateObject("ISWiAutoSuite24.ISWiProject") 'instantiate suite-object
oISM.OpenProject ".\projectFile.issuite", True 'open issuite-file with readonly=true
set oRelease = oISM.ISWiSuiteReleases("Release") 'instantiate suite-release object

oRelease.ProductVersionOverride = "1.0.0"
oRelease.ProductNameOverride="my cool productname"
oRelease.SetupFileName = "my-cool-setup" 'resulting file has no .exe extension, allthough documentation states ".exe" is concatted automtatically
oRelease.PostBuildEvent = "cmd /c xcopy /dcy ""\\\Diskimages\Disk1\*.*"" ""c:\outpath\""" 'this will set PreBuildEvent, not PostbuildEvent

oISM.SaveProject 'save file works allthough readonly argument on OpenProject is set

oRelease.Build 'build throws ISDEV : fatal error -5047 as long as project is opened with non fully qualified path

oISM.CloseProject

ciao Ralf
0 Kudos

it has been more than 4 months since this report, and the required reply

what's the status on that?

Ralf

0 Kudos

Hi @RalfJaenike ,

It has been identified as bug and had been fixed as part of InstallShield 2019.

Reference issue number:IOJ-1921509

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos