Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavin_landon
Level 6

Bug, not implimented, or the end user?

-----------------------------------------
BUG:
(1) I'm an long time C/C++ developer from the original DOS days. So I'm a quick key type user. I use shortcuts like they are going out of style. I notice InstallShield 2009 crashes a lot, not on compile, but right after I use a the keyboard to execute a menu command.

Meaning, when I switch from one window to another, I don't click on Window, then click on setup.rul. I use Alt-W then press 1 with my 10 key, because it's right by my mouse. I do this very quickly when going from one script to another. I would say 10% of the time, I crash InstallShield while doing this. I also have an old tendency to hit Alt-F then "S" to save every minute or so, so if power in the building goes out, I don't loose much, which has also crashed InstallSheild several times. Not that the power goes out in the building ever, but it could, just precaution.

Are these known issues and if not, can I get this on the bugs list?

NOT IMPLIMENTED OR END USER:
(1) With regular dialogs, where is the font changer? I went to change the font to a larger font and there's no font property for the text controls. I found a function called SetFont, but after running through help and testing it, I found that's only for the Background font, not for dialog fonts.

(2) When I have a custom dialog with an InstallShield Olive skin, I press Next, then Back, I loose the color and the graphics on the custom dialog. They just go away.. The dialog seems to still be functioning normal out side of the colors and skin. Am I missing something?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As for submitting bugs, you can do that at http://support.acresso.com. (That according to the feedback page http://www.acresso.com/promolanding/productfeedback.htm.)

For (1), there are DialogSetFont and CtrlSetFont for dialog controls.

I'll have to defer to someone else for (2).
0 Kudos
gavin_landon
Level 6

(1) Perfect, thank you. I looked for Font APIs, but guess I looked up the wrong thing.
0 Kudos