cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anom217
Level 8

Binary table question

I have a Basic MSI project, and there are two binary files under the root of my project data folder. They are named NewBinary1 and NewBinary19. If I remove either file, there is an error when trying to build the MSI file. Are both of these necessary, or did I accidentally create a second binary file somehow?

Both are listed in the Binary table and are the same size. I just wanted to know if it is possible to have this binary data in one file rather than two, since it just seems messy to have two of them.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Additional Tools->Direct Editor and look at the Binary table to see what the values of those are.
0 Kudos
anom217
Level 8

I did look at the Binary table. It simply lists the name, the data (Binary Data), and the ISBuildSourcePath, which is \FileName. That doesn't really tell me anything.

I believe custom action data is written to these, but I was just wondering if there was a way to recreate the binary data files so I'd only have one instead of two. If that's not possible, it doesn't really hurt anything. I just would prefer to have one for the sake of simplicity and cleanliness in my project folder.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can reuse the same Binary, but if the file locations are different, it will create a new one.
0 Kudos