cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gagouche
Level 2

Basic Installer Change Letter Drive

I created a basic installer using Installshield 2020.  During the installation, the user chose custom installation, but the app installed under the c drive instead of the the customer letter drive that was selected during installation.  Am I missing some kind of setting? I can't find a clear documentation specifying any additional setting that must be done for it to work. Can someone point me to the documentation or some other resouces?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

This maybe linked to the ROOTDRIVE property that Windows Installer uses. If it is not specified then the installer may set the value to the drive with the most free space.

There is more information about this here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/win32/msi/rootdrive?redirectedfrom=MSDN

0 Kudos

I am a little confused. I had them into custom setting and change the letter drive from C:\ to E:\. Do I need to define the letter E: drive somewhere?

0 Kudos

This is also what I need to know, but no one seems to be able to tell us how to ask for an install letter during an MSI install and have ROOTDRIVE reflect that letter

0 Kudos