cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hjjung
Pilgrim

Installed only InstallShield 2014 but have a same problem.

Roel Knol wrote:
As Maarten already noted, the problem is related to ISRegFlt64.sys
When you uninstall IS Express 2012, this file is gone. But then you don't have a possibility to use Installshield :)
But when you install IS Express 2015, it all runs fine.

My Windows 10 Installed only InstallShield 2014 but have a same problem. BSOD when build on InstallShield 2014.
It was running fine on Windows 8.1.
:(

help please.
0 Kudos
lliao2
Pilgrim

I got BSOD on windows 7 64 bit also.

joshstechnij wrote:
This issue is related to a change with kernel registry filtering on Windows 10. The issue is resolved with IS 2015 Express. If you need to use multiple versions of InstallShield on the same machine, copy ISRegFlt.sys (ISRegFlt64.sys on 64-bit machines) from \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015\System to the System folders of any other recent versions of Express on the machine.

Hi,

We use Install shield 2014 standalone on windows 7 64 bit on virtual and physical machines. We have gotten several BSODs. But BSOD does not appear every try. This method doesn't help to solve this problem. Is there any solution to solve this problem.

Thanks
0 Kudos
OoO2015
Pilgrim

BSOD observed when downgrading on Windows 10

Hi Install Shield Experts,

We've been struggling with this for a while and I really hope we can find a solution here.

Current configuration is as follows:
1.We've got Install Shield 2013
2.We are creating packages for Windows 10
3.Packages created in #2 have versions are A,B,C, where versions C>B>A (increasing)
4.Package version A is installed on a machine with Windows 10 installed

The issue we noticed is when:
Scenario A:
1.User upgrades from package from version A to B
2.User roles back on Windows 10 by going to Settings -> Recovery -> Reset My PC -> "Keep all my files", which should roll back our package to whatever was initially installed - i.e A (i.e. revert B back to A)
3.During device reboot, it crashes into BSOD and gets stuck there.

:confused:
:(:mad:

Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks,
OoO2015
0 Kudos
MrTree
Pilgrim

Re: BSOD on Windows 10

joshstechnij wrote:
This issue is related to a change with kernel registry filtering on Windows 10. The issue is resolved with IS 2015 Express. If you need to use multiple versions of InstallShield on the same machine, copy ISRegFlt.sys (ISRegFlt64.sys on 64-bit machines) from \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015\System to the System folders of any other recent versions of Express on the machine.

I had the same BSOD during builds with InstallShield 2015 Premier, a update to 2015 SP1 did not help to fix it. After I uninstalled the old InstallShield 2014 SP1 Premier which was also still on the system the problem is solved.
0 Kudos
overflow
Pilgrim

Is there any fix for IS 2012 Professional users on Windows 10? I have the same error and I don't want to pay any update on my license
0 Kudos
medical
Pilgrim

joshstechnij wrote:

I got the same issue with InstallShield 2014 Express on Windows 10. Because I could not find the Download of InstallShield 2015, I tried your solution using the ISRegFlt.sys from Installshield 2016 - but it did not work. Even with the ISRegFlt.sys from Installshield 2016 I get the same error when trying to build a setup with InstallShield 2014. What can I do now?

Thanks & Regards
Axel
0 Kudos