cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FoxInCloud
Level 4

BIG issue re-activating my Installshield 2015 pro

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a BIG problem while attempting to re-activate my Installshield 2015 pro :

1. on-line activation gives "Error 51501 - Unknown result"
  2. off-line activation gives me the 'license.request' and I get the 'activation.xml' from the web page (attached) BUT I have no place where I can provide this information to my Installshield copy for re-activation.

Here is a video showing the whole process: https://youtu.be/hUtOPAMFQMQ

How can I get out of this dead end?

Thanks in advance,

Thierry Nivelet, FoxInCloud

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Fixed by phone support (@JamesLloyd)

Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Flex-Jeremy
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

Hi @FoxInCloud,

In order to get out of this loop, you will want to first return your license of InstallShield by closing InstallShield and running the following command. 

1. Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015\System
2. Run the command: TSconfig /return 

Then you will want to launch InstallShield and activate it using the option to "Activate or Purchase and New license of InstallShield". This should resolve your activation issue. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Hi @Flex-Jeremy,

Both on-line and off-line license return failed as shown on the attached screenshots.

Should I check some Firewall setting to be sure to communicate with your server or is there a log somewhere where we could know what happens?

Thanks

offline_return_failed.PNGonline_return_failed.PNG

0 Kudos

Hi @FoxInCloud

At this point, the fastest option to get you back up and running will be to call Support as your license on the machine may have broken. This can happen due to a number of different factors including changing the hardware on the machine. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
0 Kudos

Indeed, this license migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 1 year ago.

Can't find how to reach your support team… my skype: IntuiCat, phone +33 6 08 82 44 63

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi @FoxInCloud

You can reach support either via the phone or Email. 

Email: Support @Flexera.com, without the space. 
Phone: 847 413 2896 or +44 0 870 873 6301

0 Kudos

OK thanks @Flex-Jeremy 

Could not reach @Flex-Support today because of Good Friday being off in the UK, will send an email and follow up on next Tuesday.

Have a nice week-end!

0 Kudos

Fixed by phone support (@JamesLloyd)

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos