cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackson_fms
Level 2

[BASIC MSI PROJECT] Cloned Dialogs, changes made in one also appears in another

Cloned a custom dialog, with its controls (a radio button group).

I figured that would keep all of the formatting and it should be a simple re-directing of properties. However long story short, changes to the text made via the layout editor is linked between cloned dialogs!

to get around this, i have to delete the radiobuttongroup and recreate it, define a property, set up all the positions, formats, styles yada yada, and go back to the RadioButton properties and re-add all the entrys.

At the end, i end up with the same dialogs and property tables except they are no longer linked. If anyone has come across this and know an obscure property that i've missed changing, please give us a yell.

Details of problem below:

a bit of Legend first, lets say
ORI_DG - original dialog
CLO_DG - cloned dialog,

In the ORI_DG i have a radiobuttongroup, with 2 buttons. In the RadioButton property there are 2 entrys for these buttons, my_option - Order 1, my_option - Order 2.

I clone this to get CLO_DG. and i change the RadioGroupButton properties setting to point from my_option to my_newoption, as well as creating new entries in the RadioButton property table my_newoption - Order 1, my_newoption -Order 2.

so far so good.

Then i change the display text for CLO_DG's my_newoption - Order 1. In the dialog layout interface. and the change is mirrored in the ORI_DG!!!

example.

ORI_DG gives the choice of:
o High Res
o Low Res

I cloned and change the CLO_DG to show:
o Advanced
o Classic

I end up with both the dialogs showing
o Advanced
o Classic.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
thepeter
Level 7

considering controls are based on strings and properties, that's exactly expected behavior. You don't need to recreate the controls, just pick other properties/text strings.

peter
0 Kudos