cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tampaite
Level 3

Are Global Variables available during modify/repair actions?

Installscript Project:

I have defined Global Variable(s) during the installtion which prompts the user to enter SQL DB name, SQL username and SQL password and this is captured during the 'install' sequence.

However, during the 'uninstall' sequence when I perform modify or repair, those variables don't seem to be available.

I have also tried to call the function "SQLRTGetConnectionInfo()", this seems to retrieve the DB name, username and password but still those values are not available outside of this function call.

Anyway, to either retrieve value of Global Variables during 'uninstall' or get values from the function "SQLRTGetConnectionInfo()" would be helpful. 😄

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Variables do not persist across installation sessions. However, if you set any text substitution values, these are saved in the InstallScript log and are available in any maintenance scenario. You can set a textsub value with the TextSubSetValue function. During maintenance, textsub values could be read with the TextSubGetValue function. The value returned could be used to initialize any variables in the script.
0 Kudos