cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Architecture Validation Error

I have a WiX merge module (Intel;1033) being consumed by an InstallShield Basic MSI. We just updated to InstallShield 2015 and we get the below error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2015\InstallShield.targets (77): -7325: An unexpected error occurred validating the architecture for file H:\B\749\bin\Setup\Release\REDACTED\Interm\MergeModules\REDACTED\13DB569E_FE5C_4577_9C35_35037C98A716\owfBB2979387EC89E5CF6C7207B333B65A6.13DB569E_FE5C_4577_9C35_35037C98A716.

The file in question is Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll which is a .NET DLL. I have validation set to Lenient and yet I still get this error. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot and/or completely disable architecture validation? This was previously built by InstallShield 2012 Spring and has been in production for several years without issues.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

It was suggested to me to investigate path length issues. FWIW, it doesn't seem to be a path length issue.

I also reproduced the issue without the use of a merge module.

I'm able to build locally using the IDE. On my build server using TFS/MSbuild/SAB I get the error when this DLL is consumed directly or via merge module. As an aside, the attached DLL also generates an internal build error 6212 when .NET dependency scanning is set to Dependencies and Properties. I get past this error by changing it to Properties only (my normal best practice) but then get the platform arch validation error message.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

ISCmdBld.exe works also. The problem only manfiests itself when using MSBuild / InstallShield.targets via Full Blown IS 2015 and SAB Only installations.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

An InstallShield 2015 hotfix for this issue is attached. To apply the fix, follow the steps below:

[LIST=1]
  • Make a backup copy of \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015 SAB\System\ISWIScanners.dll.
  • Extract ISWIScanners.dll from the attached zip file to the path \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015 SAB\System\.
  • Rebuild your project from MSBuild again.

• This hotfix should resolve the build error -6212 and -7325. This issue has been tracked under IOJ-1733016 so that the fix will be incorporated into the next release of InstallShield.
  • 0 Kudos
    Christopher_Pai
    Level 16

Excellent! The hot fix worked!

I almost reported it didn't work but then I realized I had selected the wrong TFS build controller. Yes, it's been one of those days.... 🙂

Thanks,
    Chris
    0 Kudos
    Not applicable

hidenori wrote:
    An InstallShield 2015 hotfix for this issue is attached. To apply the fix, follow the steps below:

[LIST=1]
  • Make a backup copy of \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015 SAB\System\ISWIScanners.dll.
  • Extract ISWIScanners.dll from the attached zip file to the path \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015 SAB\System\.
  • Rebuild your project from MSBuild again.

• This hotfix should resolve the build error -6212 and -7325. This issue has been tracked under IOJ-1733016 so that the fix will be incorporated into the next release of InstallShield.

• Any idea when the next release will be? I had to revert to 2014 from 2015 due these errors.

Thanks!

Jon
    0 Kudos
    Evan_Border
    Level 8

jgilpin wrote:
    Any idea when the next release will be? I had to revert to 2014 from 2015 due these errors.

Thanks!

Jon

...so you're saying the hotfix didn't fix the issue for you in InstallShield 2015?
    0 Kudos