cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jusvuo
Level 2

Application name in Windows 10 Startup Apps

Hi! I'm using InstallShield LE with Visual Studio 2015 and I have created a shortcut in Start Menu->Programs Menu->Startup, which adds my app into the Windows Startup Apps list. The app starts on startup OK, but the name of the app in the Startup Apps list is "InstallShield" and the company information says "Flexera Software LLC". Is there any way to change the app & vendor name?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
boe_fotoware
Level 2

Hi, I'm facing the same problem. Did you find any solution?

0 Kudos
Sven75
Level 3

I am using InstallShield2022 and have the same problem. Is there a solution for this?

0 Kudos
Christoph
Level 8

No answer to this question @Revenera_Ian or @shunt ? Same problem here.

From where are the app name and the publisher actually retrieved?

I searched through the basic msi tables of my project and I cannot find anywhere the mentioning of Flexera Software LLC

0 Kudos
Christoph
Level 8

I found the solution for the problem!

I noticed that another installation project of mine, which also created a startup shortcut, did it correct. The name and vendor name appeared correct within the Startup Apps Panel... so I started comparing the shortcut settings of the 2 projects.

The solution is simple, if possible for your use case. When creating a new shortcut, by default, the option Advertised is set to 'Yes'. If you change this option to 'No', your shortcut name and vendor name will be correctly shown within the Startup Apps Panel.

Show appname and vendor name within the Startup Apps panel.Show appname and vendor name within the Startup Apps panel.

Sven75
Level 3

Thank you very much, that solves the problem.

0 Kudos

Can you confirm, when changing the 'Advertised' setting of the shortcut to No, that your application still starts upon reboot?
Seems that for me that does not work anymore. Or I have another issue...?

0 Kudos

It works for me.

0 Kudos

Mmmm... I can confirm that it does not work for me.

Which kind of application do you launch? C#, C++,...?

Do you have a manifest file next to it.

I don't understand why it launches upon reboot when I create an advertised shortcut and why it does not work when I create a non-advertised shortcut.

Someone any idea or explanation for it?

0 Kudos