Hi @Sashikanta ,
You can use AddFolderIcon installscript which creates shortcut for you but there are some tricky things you have to follow since shortcut displayname won't take property values directly as mentioned in the below link:
Steps to do:
- You have to add installscript function which will create shortcuts for the needed files as given in example:
- Create a custom action which is of property In-Script execution as Deferred Execution in System Context since it needs files to be transferred with exec condition of NOT REMOVE.For more details:https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield22helplib/helplibrary/IHelpCustomActionsInScriptExe...
- The tricky problem here:In deferred custom action we can't get MSI properties directly just like using function MsiGetProperty.You have to follow steps defined here to access MSI properties via CustomActionData:https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield22helplib/helplibrary/AccessingProps-DeferredCAs.ht...
- You might need INSTALLDIR if your shortcut resides as well productname as properties
- You can get array of MSI properties in your installscript code by parsing properties from CustomActionData
- You have to add function to delete shortcut on uninstallation as well using DeleteFolderIcon function
- Call this function from another InstallScript custom action with Execution sequence of After RemoveiniFiles with Exec condition of REMOVE="ALL"
- With all these you can achieve the desired result