cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jope2000
Level 3

Ampersand displayed twice in titlebar

Hi,

Our product has an ampersand in the name and this seems to cause some trouble with Installshield 2010. We upgrade from InstallShield 2008 to 2010 recently and apparently the titlebar changed for the very first screen.
I compared the old install to the new one and here is the difference for the title on the very first screen:
is2008: "InstallShield Wizard"
is2010: "New&&Improved Product - InstallShieldWizard"

on every subsequent screen the titlebar shows "New&Improved Product - Installshield Wizard". This is how it supposed to be. I already tried some of the suggestions found on different threads and KBs from Flexera. E.g. replacing the & by &&. This only makes it worse. Instead of && it shows &&&& on the very first screen and all subsequent screens show && aswell.

Is there a way to change the very first screen to show our Productname properly?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Marwan
Level 7

Is this InstallScript or Basic MSI?
Which dialog is your "very 1st screen"? Can you attach a screenshot?
0 Kudos
Jope2000
Level 3

Hi,

It's a BasicMSI installation. In the screenshot attached, you can see that the titlebar shows two ampersands while the text shows only one. The productname is set to "New&Improved Product"
Apparently this dialog isn't the same as the "SetupInitialization". I tried to edit this one, but it doesn't changed this screen.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

This is a known issue and is fixed in the upcoming release.
0 Kudos
Jope2000
Level 3

Is there any eta when this fix will be released?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

Release dates are not announced, but historically, new versions of InstallShield are out sometime during summer each year.
0 Kudos