cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard_Winks
Level 6

Advice needed as I upgrade from IS2010 to IS2011

Last year we purchased IS2010 Pro. We had previously been using IS 7.5.

I found out after the purchase that IS2010 Pro did not include a standalone build with the package. It was a herculean task just to get the company to spring for the IS2010 Pro. I did not go back for more funding to purchase the IS2010 Standalone package. I compromised. I installed IS2010 Pro on the build machine and did all package edits there, using ISCmdBld to do the automated builds.

This year I want to upgrade to IS2011 Pro, primarily because Flexera added back a single SA build SKU to the product.

Here is my concern.

If I install IS2011 Pro on my local machine, will it disable the IS2010 Pro activated on my build machine?

I build a number of product packages on a daily basis (automated test builds). It will take me more than a day to convert the IS2010 versions up to IS2011 and confirm that they build successfully (I will need to modify the build scripts to use the standalone build etc.).

It will be difficult to simply cease all builds until the switch is complete. If the activation of the IS2011 Installation disables the IS2010 installation I need to know so that I can schedule accordingly.

Richard
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
ch_eng
Level 7

Richard,

We have IS 2009 Pro, 2010 Pro, and 2011 Pro all running concurrently on the same machine. You shouldn't have a problem. Also - if you have a maintenance agreement you can give them a call.

HTH
0 Kudos
Richard_Winks
Level 6

Thanks for your reply. I have installed IS 2011 Pro and am up and running.

Richard
0 Kudos