cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amarjeet
Level 7

Administrative Install and Pre Requisites

Hi,

I have created on basic MSI project. My application requires .net framework as pre requisites. I have included it in my pre requisites folder.

I don't have any problem when i install by GUI / Commandline.

When i try to setup by setup /a ( Administraive install) - only Msi file gets copied to network location. I want setp.exe as well as prerequisites folder to be copied.

I searched a lot on acresso as well as on web but i was not able to find solution.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Amarjeet
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Have you tried passing a target location as the optional argument to the /a parameter? It sounds like you specified /a without a target directory. Without the directory, a location is only chosen within the MSI itself, and the MSI knows nothing about setup or the prerequisites, so there is no way to copy them.
0 Kudos
Amarjeet
Level 7

I fired following command from where i have stored my full project. Its consists of serup.exe, Install.msi , pre requisites folder, database and ini files. All files except pre requistes are compressed.

setup /a

After execcuting this command GUI mode starts. A dialog appears to specify network location where you need to store the install files. I specified the location.

On this location only MSI package and some of the folders are copied. Pre re quisites and setup.exe does not get copied. I tried to search the forum and one of the user has same observation.

http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?t=181555&highlight=administrative+install

Thanks

Amarjeet

I request you to try this at your end.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Ah, as noted on that thread, there's a problem being tracked by WO# IOC-000072341. This has not been resolved yet.
0 Kudos