cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randy40
Level 4

Adding Print button to non-License Agreement dialog

Hello, I am adding a Print button to the SdShowListInfo dialog box. Adding the button itself to the dialog box was of course very simple, but I am stuck on how to do event handling on it if it is clicked. The Help in InstallShield 2008 Premier Edition seems to only refer to MSI projects, but I am using InstallScript. Can anyone confirm whether in fact this is possible with InstallScript and if so, what the best method would be for handling it? Also, if it is possible, I'd like to be able to display the Windows Printer selection dialog box when the user clicks on the Print button, so they can choose which printer to print the text from the dialog box. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. - I found in one of the forums where one user asked the same question, but the only response was to purchase InstallDialogue from Moonsea.com. This is not an option for me, I would rather use functionality that comes with InstallScript.

Regards,

Randy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

If you look at the source code for SdLicenseRtf/SdLicenseImpl (C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\Script\ISRT\Src\SdLicenseDlg.rul) you can see that these license dialogs call a function named PrintFile. This function takes the name of the file to be printed as the only parameter. It should be possible to call this function from dialogs other than the license dialogs. Note that this is an internal, undocumented script function that may change in the future.

It is also possible to use ShellExecute through the LaunchApplication function to launch the "print" verb for the file you would like to print (this is what the PrintFile function does internally).
0 Kudos