cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suchin_kumar
Level 4

Add remove programs(ARP) entry missing after reapir

Hi,

After i repair my product, the entry from ARP just disappears. The repair, however, works fine.

What could be causing this behavior? Is there any registry entry that is gettin deleted?

Thanks,
Suchin:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Please check that the following registry entry exists on your system after repair.

HKLM\Software\MicroSoft\Windows\Current version\uninstall\

i think the repair is deleting the above entry.
0 Kudos
suchin_kumar
Level 4

Hi Chandan,

Thanks. I noticed that the mentioned registry entry was indeed deleted. However, like i mentioned the Reinstall is successful. I noticed that a couple of properties we ere set..
Reinstall = ALL and
Remove = ALL

Is the entry being deleted because Remove=ALL is set? Can i set it to some other value like Remove=None?

Thanks,
Suchin
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

use the following code for repair:

if (nType = REPAIR) then
MsiSetProperty(ISMSI_HANDLE, "REINSTALLMODE", "vecmus");
endif;

hope this will help. Are you using installscript msi project?
0 Kudos
suchin_kumar
Level 4

Hi Chandan,

Its a Basic MSI project.. I will definitely try out what you suggested.
Thanks for all the help 🙂

-Suchin
0 Kudos
suchin_kumar
Level 4

Hi Chandan,

I tried the what you mentioned. But I can still see the same behavior. When I checked the log file I noticed a line that was a lil suspicious. After the InstallValidate the following line was logged

PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding REMOVE property. Its value is 'ALL'

Could this be the reason? Can you think of any reason why the REMOVE property is being set to ALL? Can I set it to some other value so that no uninstall happens, like say REMOVE="None"?
0 Kudos
suchin_kumar
Level 4

I noticed the following info after InstallFinalize:

InstallFinalize.
MSI (s) (74) [17:14:17:666]: Running Script: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI2157.tmp
MSI (s) (74) [17:14:17:681]: Executing op: ProductUnregister(UpgradeCode={808878AA-26B6-4BAB-9537-060BAB4A8923})

Is the ProductUnregister deleting the ARP entry? Wonder why the Unregister is happenin 😞

-Suchin
0 Kudos